Dr. Rosenberg is a licensed member of the California State Board of Pharmacy, as well a member of California State Bar. As such, her practice is devoted exclusively to matters related to drugs and their effects, pharmacology and pharmacy practice. In addition, she is a university professor and she serves as an expert witness and litigation consultant in both civil and criminal matters throughout the western United States in matters involving pharmacy standard of care, medication safety and use, drug product liability, pharmacy law and regulatory compliance, and the effects of drugs and drug interactions on legal competency.
As a pharmacy compliance expert, Dr. Rosenberg has provided expert consultation and project management in pharmacy departments within state and county agencies in both adult and juvenile correctional settings. Dr. Rosenberg deftly oversaw audit-related requests and responded to compliance-related citations. In, reviewing and evaluating practices against frequently changing regulations and medication safety requirements and development, as well as implementing corrective action plans, Dr. Rosenberg minimized complaints and decreased risk of external government agency involvement while improving patient medication safety. In addition, Dr. Rosenberg serves on the Los Angeles County Superior Court, Panel of Approved Criminal Experts, and she has been interviewed on television in high profile, drug related, celebrity death cases.
Dr. Rosenberg’s first love is teaching. As a university professor her students voted her 2016 Professor of the Year. She is a prolific author of professional journal articles on topics such as innovative teaching strategies to engage students in active learning, legal and policy developments affecting pharmacists in modern practice as “providers,” and the rapidly changing legal status of marijuana in California, as well as throughout the country. As a Board Member of the California Pharmacists Association, she reviews legislation on behalf of the pharmacy profession’s trade association, and as an invited speaker she provides continuing education on topics such as legislative updates affecting pharmacy practice, recent developments in recreational and medical marijuana laws, pharmacy education programs, and history of pharmacy and drug policy.
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- Rosenberg E, Truong HA, Hsu A, Taheri R: Innovations in Teaching Portfolio: Implementation and Lessons Learned from a Mock Trial as a Teaching-Learning and Assessment Activity, Honorable Mention [American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) 2017 Innovations in Teaching Competition, April 2017]
- Rosenberg E Truong HA, Hsu, A, Taheri R; New Schools; Innovation at Its Best! Implementation and Lessons Learned from a Mock Trial as a Teaching-Learning and Assessment Activity, Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning (CPTL), Article in press March 2018; pending publication Volume 10 Issue 8, August 2018.
- Rosenberg E, Interpretation of California’s Marijuana Regulation after Proposition 64 and Pharmacy Practice Roles in Medical Marijuana Dispensing against Federal Enforcement Risks (Continuing Education), Article in press March 2018. Published online: March 22, 2018, © Journal of Contemporary Pharmacy Practice 2018. jcphp.com, California Pharmacists Association (CPhA).
- Weissman F, Rosenberg E; New Laws That Expand The Role Of The Pharmacist In Patient Care, Journal of Contemporary Pharmacy Practice (Continuing Education), Inaugural Issue, September 2017 (Quarter 3) , California Pharmacists Association.
- Rosenberg E, Legislation Update on Medical Marijuana: What’s the Score? Why Is the 51st State in Our Union the State of Confusion? (Continuing Education) California Pharmacist Journal, VOL. LXIII, NO. 3; Summer 2016, California Pharmacists Association, First published online September 1, 2016, at https://www.cpha.com/Communications/California-Pharmacist-Journal.
- Janke KK, Nelson MH, Bzowyckyj AS, Fuentes, DG, Rosenberg E, Di Cenzo R (2016) SPECIAL ARTICLE: Deliberate Integration of Student Leadership Development in Doctor of Pharmacy Programs, American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, Volume 80, Issue 1, 2016: Article 2.
- Janke KK, Nelson MH, Bzowyckyj AS, Fuentes DG, Rosenberg E, Di Cenzo R (2014) WHITE PAPER: Deliberate Integration of Student Leadership Development in Doctor of Pharmacy Programs, published November 1, 2014, Center for Advancement of Pharmacy Education (CAPE), American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), https://www.aacp.org/resources/education/cape/Pages/default.aspx.
- Chong MT, Yamaki J, Harwood M, d’Assalenaux R, Rosenberg E, Aruoma O, Bishayee A (2014): Assessing health conditions and medication use among the homeless community in Long Beach, California; Journal of Research in Pharmacy Practice: Apr- Jun 2014, Vol 3, Issue : 2, pp: 56-61. https://www.jrpp.net/temp/JResPharmPract3256-1260797_002100.pdf.
NOTE: Articles below are listed in PubMed under E R Kaufman: *Ettie R. Kaufman is Ettie Rosenberg.
- Kaufman KR, Finstead BA., Kaufman, ER (1986), Status Epilepticus following Electro -convulsive Therapy, Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine 53 (2): 119-122. PMID 3486347.
- Kaufman KR, Weekes ME., Kaufman, ER (1986), Right to Healthy Birth: Medicolegal Issues in Phencyclidine Ingestion. Child Abuse and Neglect, 10: 41 – 44. PMID: 3955427.
- Kaufman KR, Petrucha RA, Pitts, FN. Kaufman ER (1983), Phencyclidine cord blood incidence: Preliminary Data. American Journal of Psychiatry, 140 (4): 450- 452. PMID 6837783.
- Kaufman KR, Finstead BA, Kaufman ER (1985), Electroencephalography and Electroconvulsive therapy, Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology: 61(3): S178.
- Rosenberg E, Truong HA, Hsu A, Taheri R. “Implementation and Lessons Learned from a Mock Trial as a Teaching- Learning and Assessment Activity;” Innovations in Teaching Research, Honorable Mention, [118th Annual Meeting, of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), Nashville, Tennessee, July 15-19, 2017], American Journal of Pharmacy Education 2017; 81 (5) Article S5 (126). https://www.ajpe.org/doi/pdf/10.5688/ ajpe815S5.
- Kaufman KR, Kaufman KR, Kaufman ER (1982), Legal Aspects of Psychotropic Medications in Oncology; In Periti P, Grassi GG (Eds) Current Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy: Proceedings of the 12th International Congress of Chemotherapy. Washington, DC: American Society for Microbiology, p. 1555-1557.
- Rosenberg E, Truong HA, Hsu A Taheri R: AACP 2017 Innovations in Teaching Poster Presentation, Honorable Mention: Implementation and Lessons Learned from a Mock Trial as a Teaching- Learning and Assessment Activity [American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) 2017 Annual Meeting. July 17, 2017]
- Truong HA, Taheri R, Rosenberg E. Research Poster Presentation,Development and Implementation of a Mock Trial as Final Exam in Required Evidence-Based Practice Course [American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) 2016 Annual Meeting, Anaheim, California. July 25, 2016]
- Hurley K, Sousa K, Rosenberg E, Sabnis G, Taheri R. AACP 2016 School Poster Presentation, Early Impacts of a Comprehensive Remediation Strategy in a School of Pharmacy [American Associations of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting, Anaheim CA. July 23, 2016; Abstract #73]
- Rosenberg E (Invited Speaker, January 2017) Legislative Update on Marijuana in California (and the US) Spotlight on Health Policy, Institute of Health Policy and Leadership, Loma Linda University Health, January 25, 2017.
- Rosenberg E, (Invited Speaker, November 2016) Continuing Education: Using a Mock Trial to “Flip” the Classroom, Pharmacy Law Educators Seminar, American Society for Pharmacy and Law Developments in Pharmacy Law Seminar XXVII, Hilton Austin, Texas, November 12, 2016.
- Rosenberg, E, West Coast University School of Pharmacy Preceptor Appreciation & Professional Development Seminar, Continuing Education: Updates in Pharmacy Law, West Coast University School of Pharmacy , Center for Graduate Studies Campus, October 16, 2016.
- Rosenberg E, (Invited Speaker, July 2016) American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) 2016 Annual Meeting – Substance Abuse Education and Assistance SIG Continuing Education Session: Don’t Put Mary Jane in the Corner: Essential Cannabis Curriculum and Conundrums, Anaheim, California. July 27, 2016.
- Rosenberg E (Invited Speaker, October 2015), 2015 Legislative Update on Marijuana: What’s the Score? Invited Presentation, Commemorating California Pharmacists Association (CPhA) 2015 Legislative Day, WCU CPhA-ASP Student Chapter, WCU Center for Graduate Studies, Los Angeles, California (October 29, 2015).
- Rosenberg E, (Invited Speaker, July 2015) American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) 2015 Annual Meeting –History of Pharmacy SIG, Continuing Education Session: The Harrison Narcotic Act (1914): Why Coke is not Coke Anymore, National Arbor, Maryland. July 21, 2015.
*NOTE: Ettie R. Kaufman is Ettie Rosenberg (below):
Kaufman KR, Kaufman ER (1991) Psychotropic Management of Seizure Duration During Electro- convulsive Therapy: Trazodone, A Case Report, Presented at Royal College of Psychiatrists Annual Meeting, Brighton, England (July 2-6, 1991)
Kaufman KR, Kaufman ER (1991) Child Abuse Reporting Statutes – Psychiatric Sequelae, Presented at Third European Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect. Prague, Czechoslovakia (June 23 – 26, 1991)
Kaufman KR, Kaufman ER (1990) Abuse in Three Generations, Presented at Eighth International Congress on Child Abuse and Neglect. Hamburg, West Germany (September 2- 6, 1990)
Kaufman KR, Geft, IL, Kaufman ER (1989) Child Neglect: Theoretical Justification of Blood Transfusion to a Jehovah’s Witness. London. ‘89: The Second International Conference on Health Law and Ethics. London, England (July 16 –21, 1989)
Kaufman KR, Finstead B, Kaufman ER (1985), Electroencephalography and Electroconvulsive Therapy, Presented at 11th International Congress of Electroencephalography & Clinical Neurophysiology, London, England (August 25 -30, 1985)
Kaufman KR, Weekes ME., Kaufman ER (1984), Right to Health Birth: Medico- Legal Issues in Phencyclidine Ingestion, Fifth International Congress on Child Abuse and Neglect. Montreal, Quebec, Canada, September 16-19, 1984.
Kaufman KR, Petrucha RA, Pitts FN, Kaufman ER (1983), Phencyclidine Cord Blood Incidence: Preliminary Data, Presented at 135th Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association. Toronto, Canada. May 20, 1983.
Kaufman KR, Kaufman ER (1981), Biomedicinal Chemistry and Psychiatric Law, Presented at 28th Congress, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Vancouver, Canada. August 18, 1981.
Kaufman, KR, Kaufman ER.: Legal Aspects of Psychotropic Medication in Oncology. Presented at 12th International Congress of Chemotherapy. Florence, Italy, July 22, 1981.